Baroness Barran MBE was appointed Minister for the Schools System on 17 September 2021.
She was previously Parliamentary Under Secretary of State at the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport from 26 July 2019 to 17 September 2021.
her minister’s responsibilities include:
- academies and multi-academy trusts
- free schools, university technical colleges and studio schools
- faith schools
- independent schools
- home education and supplementary schools
- intervention in underperforming schools
- school capital investment (including pupil place planning, new school places and school condition)
- admissions and school transport
- safeguarding in schools and post-16 settings
- counter extremism and integration in schools and post-16 settings
- departmental efficiency and commercial