Ben came to Kensington 7 years ago. Having had significant experience in leading change, transforming organisations, building productive cultures, and improving standards, he has gone onto lead Kensington to its’ current status of a flagship school in all manner of areas from inclusion to wellbeing & most recently winning 3 prestigious awards in 2020:
- TES award – Wellbeing & Mental Health winner.
- Silver Pearson award – Excellence in Special Needs Education
- Gold Pearson award – Primary School of the Year for making a difference
Under Ben’s guidance KPS has launched an innovative new curriculum at the school, specifically developed to provide the best outcomes for our children.
Beyond Kensington Ben is currently:
Member of the Department for Education Expert Advisory Group on Wellbeing
- Head Teacher Ambassador for the Youth Sport Trust
- Board member for the Well Schools Movement backed by the Youth Sport Trust and the BUPA Foundation
- Board Member for the Children’s Social Care Improvement Board
- Primary School representative for the Newham Safeguarding Children Partnership (NSCP)
- Chair of the Performance and Quality Assurance sub-group for the NSCP
- Chair of Newham Head Teacher’s Safeguarding and Social Care sub-group
- Board Member for the NewDAy Legacy Project
- One of 50 Change Makers identified to promote Newham’s 3 year Health and Wellbeing Strategy